I think this is one of my favorite Christmas ideas found online. The credit goes to Hello Homebody who apparently found in in an American Girl magazine a while back. But either way, great and simple idea. Not only that but it is relatively inexpensive to create and give away as gifts.
What You Need:
Metal Cookie Cutters
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Twine or Ribbon
Mix It Up
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Spray the inside of each cookie cutter with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay cookie cutters out on parchment.
- Fill with a layer of peppermint.
- Bake for 3-9 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Remove from oven when candies have melted together.
- Lightly spray a toothpick with non-stick cooking spray and then make a whole in each for hanging.
- Let candy sit inside cutters until the candy re-hardens.
- Once hardened, carefully stretch the cookie cutter on sides to pull it away from candy to get your ornament to pop out.
- You can then put ribbon or twine through the holes.